Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Spring Holiday Part 1

We recently went on holiday to the Gold Coast to relax and it was amazing. Every morning we went for a bike ride and every afternoon we went for a walk on the beach. We have both decided in the next 5 years we would like to move closer to the water.

 On our first afternoon on the beach there were hundreds of newly hatched butterflies flying around. There were also hundreds of dying ones on the shore who were not strong enough to fly due to the wind. I first saw two males picking the butterflies up and moving them to the grass area to dry off and to protect them and hopefully save them. I was so touched by this that I joined in. I just hoped that we saved some of them. My Husband had to drag me away as I wanted to save all of them and got a little sad because realistically this was impossible. I may sound racist to some of you but please don't think that I am. The two Males doing this beautiful thing were from the middle east their wives were  wearing burkas and all I thought was I wish everyone who is racist and says horrible things could see how beautiful these Men are.  People can be so judgemental and it really angers me, there is good and bad in every race and people are to fast to categorise everyone in the same box. Rant over, I promise.

 The next day we went to Currumbin Bird Park where we got to feed the birds. I would love to say it was a fantastic experience, but seriously it scared the crap out of me. Hubby is all cool calm and collected and I am FREAKING OUT!!!!! I could just post the photo that I faked it in, but I think these are such classics that I just had to share with you.



 Fake it till you make it!!!!!!



5 comments:

Shybiker said...

Wow! How fabulous. This is one of the most entertaining posts I've ever read. Glad you had fun. Those birds are great.

Claire said...

Wow the butterflies must have been an amazing sight, but sad. My Niece had a picture of her with a parrot on her head like that its a classic haha

Kezzie said...

Awww, the butterflies!!! I'd have done the same! The birds are really cute but I am v entertained by the facial expressions! X

Unknown said...

I love these family pics!
Have a great week end!

http://ladyparisienne.fr/

Down by the sea said...

Those butterflies look amazing. I would have freaked out more than you with the birds. I hate birds flying around me even though I like watching them from afar! Sarah x